Egg Head

Today, we flew out of the Galapagos. On our way to the airport, the driver and I are conversing in Spanish. He asked us what our professions were.  I told the cab driver   that Bill was a retired judge and I was a retired clinical social worker.

"Me espouso es a retired jueve" I said with confidence. (My husband is a retired judge).

Hector, the cab driver looked puzzled.  Bill turned to me and said,

"What did you say to him?"

I repeated myself.

"Me espouso es jueve."

Bill said, "No, it is not jueve, it is Juez.  I think you just told him that I was an egg"


Any of you that know me well know that I can be prone to fits of uncontrollable laughter.  Well this was one of those moments where my funny bone got tickled and I howled and snorted and cried for a good ten minutes.

The cab driver was amused by all this and told Bill, "this is going to be a good day."


Then again,on the plane I remembered that I had called Bill an egg and I was off again, snotting and giggling all over the place.

Later, that day, on the bus to Cuenca, my face contorted in silent laughter and I had to wipe tears from my eyes.  An egg!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saari

My work

Knuckles Range