Penelope Lily Frances


Our tiny baby granddaughter slipped into the world without fanfare on August 17th, three days before her father, Richard’s birthday.  As she had been cozy as a bug in a rug inside her mother, Julie, she was nearly a week overdue.   We’d all been dying to meet her and she finally arrived. She is beautiful.

This year, 2012, is a year of fertility for us.  We had 2 grandsons born already this year; one in March and one in May and we are expecting another grandson in December.  So, our little Penelope, is our little flower amongst all these boys.

Flower in Tamil is Pu (sounds like Pooh).  Even before she was born, I had decided to call her Pu as a nickname as I thought of her as a flower amongst a pile of rough and tumble boys.  However, a derivative of Penelope is Poppy and all along, and unbeknownst to me, her parents planned to call Poppy.  I think Poppy is absolutely perfect for her.  How serendipitous that it is the name of a flower.  Maybe I don’t need to call her Pu. 

Again, thanks to technology between Richard’s I Phone and my Nokia, I got play by play updates:

Richard: On way to hospital.  They are inducing Julie at 5:30
Grandma:  Oh wonderful.  We will have a little girl 2day. I love u
Grandma:  Give our love to our Julihanna.  Cal when she is settled in. Phone with me all the time. Love Mom
Richard:  8 cms right now
Grandma: Ohh, wow, going along quick. How is she doing?  How are you doing?

Richard: Mega pain, getting drugs.  I want to go home
Grandma:  You stay right where you are. No time for cowardice!  She needs u strong 2 support her. I love you

Richard: I was kidding, Mom
Grandma: I know, so was I. Smiling when I sent it
Grandma: Julie, so proud of you. Dig Deep

Richard: 10:35 pm, she’s out and she looks good !!!!!
Grandma: Congratulations, son. Well done you two!  I am so excited.
Grandma: All tearful

Richard: 7-4 oz.
Grandma: Oh, perfect size

Richard: Penelope Lily Frances
Grandma: Oh, I love it.
We love our little Poppy; and she is a new baby sister for her big sister, Gwendylen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saari

My work

Knuckles Range