Practice makes perfect, hopefully

We bought a bike! 82 Honda and rides fine. Practicing an hour a day is surely a workout, mentally and physically. I come home exhausted. However, it is coming... slowly, but surely. I am less frightened for the pedestrians that happen across my path, less fearful of the amber lights and the need to speed through because I cannot stop. I am less afraid of crashing in the intersections, because I speed up where I should slow down or fearing that I will stall and be rear ended. Yes, it is coming along.

We are absolutely freaked that in one month we move to Sri Lanka. Anxiety grips us both from time to time. We are taking Omega 3s by the handful. We are at times, eating poorly. Bill's blood pressure is mounting. I am gaining weight. Fortunately, we are still walking, lots. Walking is our therapy and curtails the mounting anxiety. It settles us and makes us grateful for our healthy bodies, grateful for Canada, grateful for our family and friends who support us, grateful for our educations and grateful for the opportunity to work in a foreign country.

I am having dates with my grandchildren and imagining how they will look in two years. Will they still know me? Will I have lost precious developmental time with them? Will they still be attached? Will they want to re-attach? I love those little ones so much. I have many photos of them to take along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saari

My work

Knuckles Range