Nobody's Bitch

Today, a miracle happened. I strapped on my helmut, straddled my bike, revved the engine and it happened. Everything meshed! Brakes, shifting, shoulder checking, clutching and lane positioning. I passed my motorcycle exam! I have a class 5/6 Driver's License. I'll be nobody's bitch.

I also think I must be like St. Francis of Assisi or Dr. Doolittle. I attract animals in strange places. Today, as I was crossing the street on my motorbike during my traffic exam, there was, at the corner of Summit and Columbia, a huge, huge buck crossing the street, over to White Spot for some lunch. His horns were felted and he looked hungry and scared. This was the second animal I saw walking the streets of Kamloops.

The first incident occurred while I was taking my motorbike training. Stopped at Seymour and 6th for a traffic light, a Canada Goose with her eight tiny goslings crossed the road, heading to Riverside Park for a swim.

I hope I don't lose my hair like St. Francis, but these days, Bill and I feel a bit like Dr. Doolittle's Push me Pull You; Go to Sri Lanka, ok, don't go. Go. No, not yet. We await news from the High Commission of Canada in Sri Lanka and our VSO placement officer. Keep you posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saari

My work

Knuckles Range