72 and 200?

What on earth could 72 and 200 have in common on February 23rd?

Two things happened on February 23, 2014.  The first, is obvious - it is Bill's 72 Birthday!

The 200, you say?  Well today was also Bill's 200th Dive. What a birthday present!


The dive master, Fernando sang him Happy Birthday in Spanish and then hugged him at the end of his dive, congratulating him for his 200th dive and wishing him a long life. The water was rough, but manageable and the coral and fish were wonderful with excellent visibility.  Bill may be 72 but when he is diving, he is a young man.

I dug out the Valentine Card I had brought with me to give him on Valentines Day, but could not, for the life of me find on Valentines Day.  However, I did find it and I simply crossed out the Valentine part and inserted the words Birthday.  The sentiments were all the same, so it was a good substitute.

Tonight, I have made a curry and we met Mark and Diane from Seattle at the very beginning of our trip at the Salt Cathedral in Zipaquiera.  They are also in Santa Marta at this time, so they are coming over for our Birthday dinner.

Then, to top off a great day, and also as part of the birthday festivities we are going for cheesecake at the local pasteleria around the corner from our apartmento.  I have candles and the BBQ lighter in my purse.


Our spanish lessons resume in the morning, for another week.  Like pulling teeth.   Hasta Luego

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Bill! You're such a cool guy :)
    And Wendy, Spanish has got to be a million times easier than Sinhala or Tamil!? You can do it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saari

My work

Knuckles Range