Itchy



lovely!


During my hospital stay (about 4 weeks ago), I have been scraping and scratching my skin like a flea bitten Sri Lankan dog. First, arriving at the nape of my neck, the itch travelled down to the inside of my forearms, and soon spread to my belly, my flanks, and my back. Occasionally, it arrives on the top of my thighs. However, there is nothing much to see. The source of itch is invisible or at least it was. Now, my skin is just a bumpy scabby looking mess from all the scratching. A large serrated bread knife works well for those hard to reach spots. Antihistamines (3 different types), 3 different doctors, cortisone cream, and calamine hardly subdue the itch.
I have some theories:
1. I got scraped up on coral snorkelling in the sea. Maybe the coral amebas are crawling under my skin
2. The cat had fleas and now, so do I
3. I have been making chapatti out of Karrakan flour. I am allergic
4. I have damaged my liver and the toxins are trying to come out through my skin
5. It is psychosomatic: I am really depressed
6. Scabies?
7. The spice of the Tamil food is making me itch
8. Heat rash


Who knows? The good thing is that I am off antihistamines (so no longer tired all the time) and the itch has de-intensified somewhat. Bill slathers me up with Calamine and Cortisone at night so I can get some sleep but unfortunately, the calamine lotion makes a pink mess of the bed sheets. I awake in the morning, with black under my nails on both hands: skin cells and calamine scraped off in my sleep. Oh well, I will live. I am grateful that is my only problem. Way worse things to have.

 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saari

My work

Knuckles Range