New Years Resolution – The Ego has to go

Having just completed the book, The Black Robe by Wilkie Collins, I will share a confrontation that was evidently written for me in the book. One of the characters in the novel, Bernard Winterfield, writes in his diary,

"It strikes me that I am falling into a bad habit of writing too much about myself. The custom of keeping a journal certainly has this drawback... it encourages egotism. Well, the remedy is easy. From this date, I will lock up my book... only to open it again when some event has happened which has a claim to be recorded for its own sake. As for myself and my feelings, they have made their last appearance in these pages" (Kindle Loc.3735).

While this little passage confronted my very large ego, and it has caused me to pledge to be a bit more selective about what might be interesting to those at home, I doubt I have the same will power of Mr. Winterfield... to lock up my computer until something of note takes place.

However, in order to reduce the ego, I have asked a guest to do a guest blog. Now, in fairness to me, I have made the request before, but it has always been refused. On this occasion, being New Years and the occasion of our 15th wedding anniversary, the guest has agreed. Yes, Bill has finally agreed to a guest blog; thus assisting my super ego to begin the reduction of my ego to manageable size.

Happy New Year! Seems like a good new year's resolution – to reduce the ego. Like most resolutions of mine, they don't last that long.

Stay tuned for Mr. William Blair, guest blogger.

Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary Wendy and Bill!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. harumph! Apparently I am publishing as "Unknown". It should say "Happy Anniversary Wendy and Bill!" Hugs, Cindi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saari

My work

Knuckles Range